What is search engine optimization (SEO)?
Search engine optimization (SEO) , is the process of making (website so that search engines can find and trust that particular site) website or web page search engine friendly to achieve high page rank in order to get more, free, and natural traffic from search engines across the globe.
General misconception about search engine optimization:
Search engine optimization generally defined very limited (I mean articles we see around us which generally says getting shown in top ten search results is SEO) while search engine optimization is a very huge industry in itself. Because being shown in top ten results does not guaranty that our website is totally SEO friendly. While chances of being shown in top ten results may be:
- Search engines could not find that term being searched in any other webpage at present (may be found in future )
- Your content is totally unique and other’s content not indexed yet (others will add that content later)
My question is “when others will put that content in their websites still your page is showing up”? Here comes SEO part which will show search results by taking care of many other factors like page rank, domain authority etc and so only SEO friendly websites will be shown up while others will get there places according to their score.
As you may noticed that when ever we search for a particular query in search box (Google search box) we get back huge number of results generally hundred or thousands of pages while per page contains ten (10) records. These top ten records get almost 95% conversions , (Conversion means people go to these websites while Conversion will be discussed in more detail in later part) while remaining 5% are only converted when there is no useful information for the searcher in top ten results and that is very very rare.
Why its very rare to go to second page for search results?
Because Google is much more efficient in her working when it comes to show us relevant records. Google’s indexing algorithm is much more powerful than other search engines and That’s the only reason people love Google and so Google is immense popular.
So, definitely our focus is to capture that free traffic but in more proper and accurate way so that we can achieve our goals on permanent basis rather than temporarily.
In this search engine optimization guide we’ll be discussing ll techniques and tricks in proper way to make our website or web pages search engine friendly with out any spamming behavior so that we can get more and more out of our website.